Roster – 4 On / 4 Off
DIDO or Local to Mount Isa
Entry Level Positions Available
Our client is well known in the Mining Industry with a current Queensland workforce of over 3000 people. With a focus on people, sustainability and the future, our client is seeking to fill ongoing positions available at their site in Mount Isa, Queensland.
About the Roles:
Working underground, you will be part of a team required to supply support and services while ensuring the use of safe, efficient, and effective processes in line with the site’s policies and procedures.
These roles are most suitable for applicants who are looking to start there career on a mine site, or who are looking at returning to the field.
The roster for these roles will be 4 on / 4 off and will encompass day and night shifts (once suitably trained). These roles will only be available to those who are local to Mount Isa, who are within DIDO range, or who are willing to relocate to the area.
Accommodation and meals are NOT included in these opportunities.
Duties for the roles might include:
• Running Materials to/from Location
• Assisting Trades
• General Labouring Duties
• Lifting/Moving/Carrying Moderate Loads
• Ensuring Good Housekeeping Standards at All Times
• Following all OH&S, Company and Site Policies and Procedures
• General Workshop Duties
If you’re interested in getting a foot in the door to a mining career, the role of Serviceperson will give you the ability to learn new skills and gain experience in a mining environment.
You will need to be physically fit, enthusiastic, able to work 12+ hour shifts and be willing to commit to a set roster.
Additional attributes for the ideal candidate include:
• Prior Labouring/Trades Assistant Experience (Preferred)
• Open/Provisional Manual Driver’s Licence
• Willingness to Work on an Underground Site
• Ability to Adapt to New Situations Quickly
• Motivation to Learn New Skills and Develop Knowledge
• A Genuine Interest in Working in the Mining Industry
We would ask that all applicants please include the following documentation upon applying:
• Copy of Manual Driver’s Licence
• Up to Date Resume
• At Least Two Active References
• Applicable Work Experience/Qualifications
As a 100% Indigenous Owned Company, Western Labour Hire Would Like to Encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Candidates to Apply for This Opportunity.
All Applications Will Be Considered.
To Express Your Interest Please Click Here (form will open in a new tab)